Tuesday 7 August 2012

Review: MAC Heavenly Creatures Mineralize Blush in Solar Ray

In a previous wishlist I said how much I wanted something from the MAC Heavenly Creatures Collection. I knew that I wanted a blush and the one that stood out to me, was in the shade Solar Ray. It is a beautiful summery, shimmery coral.



Packaging

As usual with MAC products, the packaging never fails to look sleek and up-market. With subtle black shimmer and and a domed clear lid, it oozes sophistication.


Colour

MAC described this blush as

Peach and Gold Melange

It is a dusty peach colour with minimal shimmer as the base, but it then has a shimmery orange gold swirled through it.


Here is a close up of the blush.



Pigmentation

This blush doesn't have the best colour pay off in the world. You get a fair amount of product on your brush, but it doesn't transfer onto you skin. I actually like it like this, as you can build up the colour. It becomes a light golden veil when on the skin. It does contain a LOT of shimmer, so if that's not your thing, I would suggest you avoid this blush!
I love the colour it gives your cheeks, a lovely golden shimmer, which is very summery.

Staying Power

Usually, I find blush is the first thing on my face to go. But I do find that this blush lasts a little longer than those I have tried in the past. I get quite a lot of compliments whilst wearing this blush too.

Price

As expected with MAC products, they are a little on the pricey side, but i my opinion, totally worth it. They are amazing quality and you get a lot of product that lasts a long time for the money.
RRP: £19

The Heavenly Creatures Collection is Limited Edition, but MAC do lots of different blushes. Theres something for everyone!

What are your thoughts?

Eleanor
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment