Wednesday 29 August 2012

Guest Post- Copper Closet: OUTFIT: Festival Festivities

Hello! So I'm Lauren, the girl behind coppercloset.blogspot.com and the girl infront of the camera on youtube.co.uk/coppercloset27! Both Ellie and I have agreed to do a guest post on each other's blog so head over to mine to check out Ellie's fab review of Benefit's 'That Gal' primer!

So I'm sure many of you will have to been to one or more of the big festivals this year, well I haven't. I'm sure many of you, like my friends, have been to Latitude and V Fest and maybe a few of you have even just got back from Reading, but the only festival I venture out to was my local one. A town called Colchester has a free arts and music festival every year around the end of August - shortened to Colchester Free Fest. I say that I 'ventured' out, really I got a lift ten minutes from my house to the park where it was held. The weather was completely bi-polar and didn't know WEATHER - oh I'm so punny! - it was coming or going. The forecast said sun for one hour and storms and rain for the next three, so I put on jeans, trainers my jacket and grabbed my umbrella. Needless to say, the weather was up to British summer standards - pouring with rain one minute, and the next blaring heat. To be honest, we didn't really see much of the festival. We saw a couple bands and one of our friends perform and, having sat in the park for ages, jet setted it off to McDonalds for some grub. We collected our friend's V Fest pictures and laughed away at them before deciding that we should think about heading home - mainly because the thunder was on its way!
But on another note, this is what I wore down - I thought I'd share because 1) It was my only festival this year and 2) because this weekend's weather was a lot different to that at other festivals.



Jacket - OASIS
Top - Primark
Jeans - Henry Holland @ Debenhams
Shoes - River Island
Bag - Primark

Have you attended any festivals?
What would you/did you wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment