Wednesday 13 June 2012

I Went To Chanel...

Slap my wrists! As well as splurging at MAC at the weekend, I also bought possibly the most expensive makeup product I will ever own! But boy, was it worth it!

It is the Chanel Vitalumier Aqua Foundation!

In Debenhams, a very helpful lady at the Chanel counter matched me to my skin colour. As I was paying for the foundation, she began to put it in a normal Debenhams bag, and I'm pretty sure she saw the look of disappointment in my face, as I was hoping for a Chanel bag. She then put it in a beautiful Chanel bag, which has now taken pride of place on the top of my shelf! I felt like someone from the cast of Made in Chelsea with this little baby on my arm!




It is surprising small in person- even though it is the normal 30ml.


I am in the shade 20 Beige.


Isn't the packaging gorgeous? Who would think that such a simple logo could make a girls heart flutter?!



What Chanel says:

CHANEL VITALUMIÈRE AQUA Ultra-Light Skin Perfective Makeup Instant Natural Radiance SPF15 30ml. A new-generation texture. An unprecedented sensory experience. A unique makeup result. Rapid and easy application. VITALUMIÈRE AQUA. Apply your makeup without thinking about it. Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise: although exceptionally delicate and light, it offers an incomparable second-skin perfecting result. The complexion appears amazingly even, freshand energised. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if lit from within. Bathed in light... Its formula, enriched with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application.

Sorry, a lot to take in!

It really does what it says on the tin. Although it is not the most high coverage foundation on the market, it makes my skin look flawless, and it really is weightless! With SPF 15 it is wearable during summer, and even without a primer it lasts all day, which, having an oily complexion, is usually a problem for me.

Which leads me onto the fact that, the name has 'Aqua' in it, which suggests it is a water based foundation. (Hence the fact you need to shake it before application, unless you want a watery mess)! Usually alarm bells would ring, making you think that this foundation would be unsuitable for oily skin, but in my opinion, it is perfect!

It suits all skin types, and Chanel have a relatively large range of shades.

Pricing:

On my shopping trip, it was this that did the damage.

£32.

Some may ask, is it worth it?

My reply;

Every penny!

What are your thoughts on the Chanel Vitalumier Aqua foundation?

E
xox






No comments:

Post a Comment