Wednesday 21 March 2012

Protecting Your Face in the Sun

Living in the UK, I usually pass on the suncream and SPF, which I know, I really shouldn't do, and if theres one thing I've leaned over the past few months, its that it really is important.

Back in November, my Mum was diagnosed with skin cancer. For as long as I can remember, she had this thing on her nose, that nobody knew what it was. She finally went to the doctors and had it checked out, and she was diagnosed. The reasoning behind it, was repetitive burning as a child. She's not one to sun bathe, or use sun beds. It was just as a child, sun cream was never used on her.

She has had the cancerous part taken out of her nose, and is now absolutely fine, you cant even notice it! But now she is very conscious to use products with SPF to prevent being burned again.

Here are the new products she has brought to protect her skin this summer:


Sk:n Repair and Protect Sunscreen SPF 50
&
MAC Prep and Prime SPF 50


My Mum doesn't wear this under makeup. Although it doesn't leave your skin greasy like most sun protectors, she just prefers to wear this one on days when she doesn't want to wear makeup. It doesn't have a smell, and is very lightweight.


Mum uses this how its meant to be used. Just as a primer under makeup.

Do you need extra sun protection? Have you tried these products?

E
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment