Monday 23 January 2012

Review: Clearasil Vitamins and Extracts Range

I am subscribed to Glamour Magazine, and by doing so, I am on the Glamour Panel, which I can tell you, comes with many perks! I often get magazines, asking me to take part in surveys, win products, or trial products.

So maybe two weeks before Christmas, I got an email, from Glamour, asking me to trail a new skincare range being releases. Being a massive skincare junkie, I immediately wanted to take part. I sent back an email, saying how I wanted to take part, but didn't hear back, so assumed that I hadn't been picked to take part.

But then, out of the blue, a received a little package at my door a few weeks before Christmas, and in that package, sat a Clearasil Vitamins and Extracts Wash and Mask, it was as if Christmas had come early!


Ive been using this as a wash and a mask for just over a month now, and at first, I thought it was nothing special. The formulation when first applied to the skin is thin, and the smell is average. But when you start to lather it on your skin, it starts to thicken, and becomes quite luxurious.
It hasn't done anything major to my skin, it hasn't reduced any blemishes, and stopped the odd spot popping up, but it has given my skin a healthier glow, and made it look a little clearer.

As for the mask, the first time I used it, when I removed it, it made my skin sting a little, and I put that down to either, my skin being incredibly deep cleansed, or that I was having an allergic reaction to it. But after about the second use, my skin felt fine afterwards, and actually very soft.

So after Christmas, I was told I would receive another package, containing the accompanying facial scrub and cleansing wipes. And I waited, and waited until two weeks ago, it finally arrived!



Firstly, the scrub. I use it in the morning, and the wash at night. The scrub, like the wash doesn't do anything miraculous to my skin, but it was a nice exfoliator, and made my skin much softer.

Onto the wipes. Before these came, I was using some wipes I received in as a Christmas gift, and I loved everything about them, so obviously, I was rather sceptical as to whether these would be any better. And their not. The first few times I used them, like with the wash, my skin became tight and irritated, but then the more I used them, the more my skin got used to them.
They do remove all my makeup, but their not a patch on my other wipes. They don't smell as nice, they are not as nice to apply and they are harsher on my skin.

Overall, I think the products are pretty good, but I wont be purchasing them again. They were a nice freebie, and it was nice to take advantage of them! 
But I do have oily skin, so the products may work better on other skin types. Try them out for yourself, and see what you think!

I expect they will be available at most drugstores, so wont break the bank either!

Have you tried them?

E
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment