Thursday 29 December 2011

The Vampire Diaries- Elena Gilbert Inspired Look

If you read my last post, you will know that I am currently re-watching 'The Vampire Diaries', and I have created a look, inspired by Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) in the show. It is a pretty natural look, that could be glamed up, and is perfect for every day wear.

                          














These are some pictures of Elena.

And here is the look I created.



(sorry about the very serious face)!!

As you can see, I the look has very dewy skin with lots of blush, the eye is very toned down and natural and there is a light pink colour on the lips.

So, first, I toned and moisturised, and then primed my face to create a suitable base. Using Murad Skin Perfecting Primer and 17 Photo Flawless Skin Primer.


I then used foundation. I mixed it with a highlighter to create a dewy look. I used 17 Skin Perfecting Foundation mixed with Technic Highlights.




I then applied to to my face with my No7 Foundation Brush.

Then I used Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer to conceal any blemishes.



Again, I use my foundation brush to blend the concealer.

I then used a setting powder: Bare Minerals i.d. with my Bare Minerals Kabuki.



The blusher I am currently using, is very similar to the one Elena wears on the show. It is supposed to be Benefit's Sugarbomb, but I unknowingly brought it from a fake site, so it is not the real thing, but the colour is very similar, its just the packaging is a darker pink.



I applied it with my 'The Body Shop' Blusher Brush.

I then highlighted my cheeks with Benefit's Highbeam, but I couldn't get a suitable picture of it. But most people know what it looks like anyway.

Elena always has very bronzed skin, so I contoured my cheeks with a bronzer out of a 17 palette, and swept a small amount of bronzer on my face where the sun would naturally catch it. (On my forehead, down my nose and on my chin).


Sorry the pictures a bit blurry!

I then filled my brows in using a hard angled brush.

Then, for eyes, I used a few products. (On the picture it looks loads as I used 3 different mascaras, but really, theres not very many things).



First, I primed my eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion. Then used Virgin out of my Naked Palette to highlight my brow bone. Then placed some of the Barry M Dazzle Dust in Tan on my eye lid. (Both using the Urban Decay Shadow Brush). I then got a cotton bud/cue tip, dipped it in the Dazzle Dust, so there was a small amount on there, and then put it on my lower lash line. I then contoured my eyes with Smog (again out of my Naked Palette and using my Shadow Brush). Then I lined the lower water liner with 'The Body Shop' Carbon Black Eye Definer. Then I used three different mascaras to make my lashes look full and volumised. First, Collection 2000 Longer Lash Mascara, then Avon Super Shock Mascara and finally Rimmel London Glam Eyes Lash Flirt Mascara.

Finally, I used my new 17 Supreme Shine Lipstick in Barely Blush.



For the hair, I brushed my hair into a middle partin, and straightend it, until it was poker straight like Elena's.

And that's it! Hope I didn't make this post to long, boring and unreadable!

E
xox




No comments:

Post a Comment