Wednesday 21 December 2011

Book Review: Room by Emma Donoghue



I absolutly love reading, and thought I would review each book I read for others, like me, who enjoy reading.

'Room' by Emma Donoghue is probably one of the best books I have ever read! It really opens your eyes to the world around you and makes you think.
It is one of those books, that is doesnt matter what your style, you are bound to enjoy it. My Mums boss recomended it to her, so she went and brought it and after she had read it, I was told that I HAD to read it!

I won't give away the big story line as I dont want to ruin it, but I'll give a basic outline of the story.

It is about a five years olds boy's prospective of the world, but he and his Ma live in a Room. Jack doesnt know there is a world outside the room, he only thinks the things on TV are outside. Jack's Ma was abducted when she was a young woman by a man, known in the book as 'Old Nick', the story is about how Jack has grown up in the room and how he reacts when Ma reveals that there is a world outside.

I cant really say any more than that as I dont want to give away the plot.

So take my advice- and go and read it!

E
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment